Non-Public Agency Services/S.T.A.R. Academy
NPA Services (Non-Public Agency)
S.T.A.R. Academy is a California Department of Education approved Non-Public Agency. What does this mean?
If a student’s special education needs cannot be met within a given district, the district may contract with an approved Non-Public Agency (NPA) for special education and related services as an option for the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) for students as established through the Individual Education Program (IEP) process. By law, public schools are required to provide a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) to eligible special education students, age 3-21.
Our company is an approved contractor for various school districts and government agencies to provide Non-Public Agency (NPA) services through S.T.A.R. Academy – Haynes Family of Programs. Non-Public School (NPS) services and enrollment are also available through Haynes Education Center. We provide One-to-One, Specialized Academic Instruction (SAI) or Transition services as a result of “Compensatory Education” awarded to students. We are an exceptional resource for public, non-public and private schools. One-to-one SAI are tailored to meet each student’s specific academic and special needs.
Our Education Specialists have current special education credentials within their respective fields. Each Education Specialist holds a valid Special Education Credential, and all have current background checks through the Department of Justice and FBI along with a clearance for tuberculosis.
S.T.A.R. Academy is an excellent resource for families; public, non-public and private schools; advocates and attorneys in addition to our non-public school services through Haynes Education Center. Our NPA services include:
- Services provided direct to the student’s home or school
- Specialized academic instruction provided based on student’s Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs)
- We serve students ages 5 – 22 in all subject areas
- Our education specialists are available during the day, evenings and weekends
- We are able to provide comprehensive special education assessments
Specialized Services include:
- Specialized Academic Instruction in ALL subject areas
- Transition services for students ages 16-22
- Speech and Language
- Occupational Therapy
- Behavior Intervention and Support Services for individuals with autism
- Staff Placement
For additional information, contact Jonas Maceda at (909) 593-2581 ext. 243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.